Rule 43 of the Olympic Charter
World Anti-Doping Code and the Olympic Movement – Code on the Prevention of Manipulation of Competitions:
- Compliance with the World Anti-Doping Code and the Olympic Movement Code on the Prevention of Manipulation of Competitions is mandatory for the whole Olympic Movement.
- The phenomenon of competition manipulation undermines the Olympic values as well as the credibility and inspirational value of sport.
- Competition manipulation is when an athlete or official cheats to remove the unpredictability of a competition. They may cheat to lose a competition or part of it, which is entirely against the Olympic spirit.
In order to prevent the proliferation of competition manipulations, all athletes should be well aware of the Code of Conduct of the Olympic Movement Unit on the Prevention of the Manipulation of Sport Competitions:
- Never bet on your won sport or the Olympic Games.
- Never manipulate a competition and always do your best.
- Never share inside information. Non-public information about your sport stays private.
Always report an approach to manipulate or anything suspicious to: https://ioc.integrityline.org/
To read more information on preventing manipulation, please visit SNOC’s website for reference