FENCING COACH LEVEL 1
Level 1 provides an introduction to coaching and is the minimum requirement for coaching in fencing. The Level 1 Coach will gain skills and knowledge on how to successfully introduce fencing to beginners, to understand how people can be attracted to fencing and what can be done to provide a safe, enjoyable and challenging environment. This course is integrated with SG Coach Level 1 Theory and Values and Principles in Sports and will be conducted jointly by Learning Facilitators from both Republic Polytechnic and Fencing Singapore respectively.
Participants need to be 18 years old and above. All registration is managed by Republic Polytechnic.
- Theory – Coaching theories, Foundational Sport Science (FSS), Sport Safety and Safe Sport, Fencing Terminology, Basic Rules, Classification of Basic Fencing Strategic elements.
- Practical – How to introduce, develop and improve basic fencing skills. How to plan and to deliver a group session safely using the delivery process skills of: instruction and explanation, providing demonstrations, observation and analysis and providing feedback.
Course Completion Requirement
In order to complete this course, participants will need to:
- Complete all Theory modules & quizzes using E-learning platform
- Attend all sessions of the coaching course
- Successfully pass the assessment at the end of the course
- Submit and clear all course submissions
- Complete a 30-hr practical experience assignment under certified Coach
- Hold a valid Standard First Aid certification
Upon completion of the Course, Candidate should be able to independently:
- Create a Plan of training session specific to the participant needs
- Conduct and organize group sessions safely
- Teach basic techniques and tactics on the 3 weapons
- Deliver sessions using basic coaching methodology
- Correct errors in basic fencing techniques
- Conduct exercises that help physical development